20110311

BE AWARE: TSUNAMI WARNING TODAY

Photo courtesy of GeoTimes
I got a call this morning on my disconnected landline letting me know that there is a tsunami warning for the area after a devastating earthquake and tsunami hit Japan (our time yesterday). The advisory I received said to stay away from the shores, off the beaches and out of the ocean water. I suspect that some crazy maverick surfers will not heed the advice of this warning but I do hope you all will. For a slideshow of the disaster in Japan, visit the NY Times slideshow. Be safe and stay informed. For more information on tsunamis and what to do, visit the California Seismic Safety Commission. For more information on the current tsunami warning, keep checking local news websites, the television and radio. Stay safe and if you have any information, share it on here as a comment! Good resources for information, any updates you hear, the more information the better off we all are.

No comments:

Post a Comment