20110520

Hiatus and Artichokes

I'm sorry I've been gone for so long. I moved out of the Fort Ord Community and into downtown Monterey for my own sanity. That being said, I'll try to stay on top of all the OMC events by getting information from my friends that still live in Pinnacle housing.

As for fun things to do this weekend, I'm headed to the Castroville Artichoke festival this weekend. It is both Saturday and Sunday starting at 10:00 am and running to 6:00 pm on Saturday and 5:00 pm on Sunday. There is live entertainment, tons of food (for purchase mainly), a parade, a prince and princess of the festival, and many more exciting activities. I will never forget first driving into Monterey and passing a sign that said Castroville, Artichoke Capital of the World. I will never forget that sign and I'm really excited to go tomorrow.

Active duty military is FREE. Other military is $5, students/seniors/children 4-12 are $5 and children under 3 are free.

Here's a link to an article in the Salinas Californian about the event.
Another website is the festival site which you can get to by clicking here.


No comments:

Post a Comment